Monday, August 27, 2007

September is Shoulder-Tapping Month

Destiny has a paid staff of folks who love Jesus and are willing to step up and lead, but Destiny keeps going because of you, our volunteers. Volunteer staff help setup, play music, care for kids, lead small groups, practice hospitality and do a myriad of other things that help to make Destiny what it is!

You same volunteers are responsible for recruiting others into ministry. You travel in different circles and have a wide range of friends and acquaintances that want to do what you are doing (they just don't know it, yet). Tim Stevens says in "Simply Strategic Volunteers" that "it is so inviting to hear 'Join me'. This tells me that someone wants to be with me, that I have worth, that I can make a difference."

September is our month to invite folks to "join" us and serve.

Who do you know who you could invite to serve with you next week?

No comments: