Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Orioles 5, Red Sox 4

Last night I went with my brothers and my son to go see our beloved Red Sox at Camden Yards, the home of the Orioles. It was a beautiful night without a cloud in the sky. Here are 3 quick observations from my evening:


-In the Baltimore and Ohio Warehouse, which serves as the right field backdrop to this beautiful complex, the fourth floor men's room window has a great view of the field. You can take care of your business and not miss a pitch.


-A church adjacent to Camden Yards had this to say via it's marquee:

God Bless the O's,
And maybe the Sox,
But forgive us for our thoughts about the Yankees.

It is always easier to ask God to bless our friends but it sure is a struggle to do the same for our enemies. Jesus encourages us in Luke 6 to "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you." I hate to say it, but I think the Yankees are included in these verses.

-Finally, I'm getting old...I was dozing off at 10:30 on the way home. Pitiful.



No comments: