Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Standing or Sitting

This past Sunday I finished up my message on obedience from Jonah 1, by asking people to stand if they were willing to pray the following  prayer:

God, whatever you say, I will do.
God, wherever you direct, I will go.
God, my answer is "yes".  Now, what is the question?

It was encouraging to see people throughout the auditorium stand in favor of obedience in their own personal lives. My hope is that this was a moment with God that they will not soon forget. Please pray for these folks.

There were also many who did not stand up this past Sunday. That is a huge statement to make as others rise up around you. Please pray for these folks as well, because they are also on a journey toward Jesus and God desires to meet them exactly where they are.

So, today, whether you are a stander or a sitter God still screams out to each of us:  "I came that (you) might have life, and have it to the fullest!" (John 10:10)

No comments: