Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wild Goose Chase

I've had a full summer of reading and am currently being challenged by some great books by Bill George and Craig Groeschel that I picked up at the Leadership Summit.

I am, however, looking to complete my summer reading with the newest book by Mark Batterson of In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day fame. Mark's newest book is called Wild Goose Chase and here is a taste of it from the book's introduction:

“Celtic Christians had a name for the Holy Spirit–An Geadh-Glas, or ‘the Wild Goose.’ The name hints at mystery. Much like a wild goose, the Spirit of God cannot be tracked or tamed. An element of danger, an air of unpredictability surround Him. And while the name may sound a little sacrilegious, I cannot think of a better description of what it’s like to follow the Spirit through life. I think the Celtic Christians were on to something….

Most of us will have no idea where we are going most of the time. And I know that is unsettling. But circumstantial uncertainty also goes by another name: Adventure.”
 

Mark's publisher is sending me two copies of the book, so if you are interested in your own "free" copy,  then just leave me a comment and I'll get my extra one to you to enjoy. Otherwise you will need to head over to Amazon and buy your own...

No comments: