Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Innovate Highlights


Here is some of what I'm learning at the Innovate 09 Conference.

Eric Geiger (Simple Church):
-Everything else is drowning out the sweet smell of the gospel.
-Drift never corrects itself. It always needs to be addressed.
-"Religion is the deep default of the human heart." -Martin Luther
-View discipleship as a whole process not just a part.
-You do not want to compete against yourself.
-Behavior from important people in the organization that is contrary to vision overwhelms the entire process.
-Remove the clutter.

Kerry Shook (Fellowship of the Woodlands):
-It's not the size of the church that is important, it is the life change.
-Q: What would I do If I knew I only had one month to live?"
-Q: What would I do if I knew our church only had one month to live?
-Live passionately. Love completely. Learn humbly. Leave boldly.
-Are you allowing God to do everything He wants to d0 in in your life and ministry?

That was yesterday, now today begins with Francis Chan and closes with Perry Noble. It should be good.

No comments: