Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Uncomplicate

Here's the new look of Are You Destinized? It is simplified. It is uncomplicated. It is where we will be for the next 100 entries!

I'm simplifying the blog because I can. Everything else in my life seems to build up speed and become more complicated and as it does I seem to add more and more to my life. I get myself to the place where I am like the plate spinner on the old Ed Sullivan Show. I work hard to keep all the plates spinning so that nothing crashes to the ground. This methodology is ultimately futile.

The smarter strategy is to decide which plates are fine china and which plates are plastic. Which plates need to keep spinning no matter what and which are ok if they fall to the ground. Jesus' words help us all to decide just which plates are vital.

"Teacher, what is the most important commandment in the Law?" Jesus answered: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. This is the first and most important commandment. The second most important commandment is like this one. And it is, "Love others as much as you love yourself." All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments. Matthew 22:36-40

The love God plate and the love others plate need to keep spinning. If I can keep them up in the air, then everything else should be ok. That sounds uncomplicated enough.

Are your most important plates spinning or wobbling today?

1 comment:

Maureen Erickson (Mo) said...

congratulations on 100 blogs