Thursday, September 4, 2008

Facebook Connections

Recently Mo and I have been Facebooked by a few friends from a youth group we led about 20 years ago. These people who we knew as middle school and high school students are now pastors, business people, and parents. I know that we did not know what we were doing then, but were simply trying to love Jesus and asking them to do the same.

I had breakfast with one of these (now much older) folks this morning and was encouraged to see God still very active in his life. The tried and true encouragement found in Philippians immediately comes to my mind:

I thank my God every time I remember you. 
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 
because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you 
will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1;3-6

I'm thankful that God continues to work in my life and in the lives of people God allowed me to know along the way. My hope is that He is fresh in your life today and that God gives you a glimpse into what He is weaving into your life for the next few decades.

No comments: