Thursday, January 29, 2009

Husbands, love your wives...

Every time I read Ephesians 5 and get to the admonition: "Husbands love your wives", I can't help but think about the start of a Nascar race: "Gentlemen, start your engines". But I digress...

Although I have not done this nearly enough in my 21 year marriage, I am convinced of the great value of farming out the kids and getting away with your spouse on a regular basis. For Maureen, this is one of the most practical ways for me to show her how much I love and adore her. 

So, tomorrow, on our 21st wedding anniversary, we are heading over to Annapolis, Maryland to "get away from it all" for a little while. No pets, no kids, no jobs, just us.  And thanks to Hotwire we get to stay at a four star hotel at a roach motel price. I look forward to making this investment into my marriage this weekend.

What are you investing in this weekend?

No comments: