Thursday, October 25, 2007

Awkward Email Moments

While enjoying the Red Sox victory yesterday, I surfed over to the Rockies homepage to discover that a friend's little brother is on their pitching roster. I emailed him today and his response was about how difficult it was to watch his brother walk in three runs during the 13-1 loss to the Red Sox. He then asked for prayer for his brother.

Now, what am I supposed to do with that? Of course, I'd want to pray for a friend's brother who struggled through the biggest game of his professional career. But, he's pitching against the Red Sox....

I told him I'd pray, but that I'd also be praying for the Red Sox. Between me and you, I'll probably pray twice as much for Manny and the rest of the guys...does that make me a bad person? and what does that say about my theology of prayer?

I'm glad that God is in charge of the details and not me, I bet you are too.