Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Get Smart 5k

This past Saturday morning at 7am it was pouring down rain outside, but I got up anyway and headed over to the Get Smart 5k that Destiny had co-sponsored. I didn't feel like running, actually, I didn't even feel like getting out of bed, but I headed over anyway and am I ever glad that I did. The rain slowed down for the start of the race and we had about a dozen Destiny folks run in this thing and it was a blast! It was great to cheer each other on and to gently rib Greg who arrived just as the race was beginning. Kyle Scheren represented Destiny well and took first place in his age group, Steve Mirch was not too far behind him and then came me following closely behind Josh Showalter. We all had a great time and got soaked and perspired for a good cause. I can't wait for next year...

(By the way, I'm definitely not a runner, but I do run so that I can eat what I want to eat...an exta bowl of ice cream equals another mile on the trail for me...it may not be medically sound thinking but that is my story and I'm sticking to it.)

No comments: