Friday, February 22, 2008

3 Days vs 6 Days

This three day work week worked me over...
-150 emails...both love and hate the speed of technology.
-two chapel messages...fun to move a student's focus away from themselves.
-one very late Tuesday night meeting...after 10pm, I'm worthless.
-high school message on love...the broader the topic, the more intense the prep.
-reworking budget numbers...draining, not filling my tank.
-figuring out who does what and with or for whom...I'm all about systems.
-5th grade basketball practice...we're 8-1 going into the last game of the season.
-girls u13 A-team lacrosse tryouts...would not have been a big deal if it were not an hour away.
-a couple of good lunches...any meeting is better with food.
and
-another no school ice day today...took half my family to Vantage Point and the other half to Be Kind, Rewind. The former was made for the theatre and the latter for my dvd player.

I'm looking forward to having 5 or 6 days next week in which to enjoy my work, instead of just 3. I love my job and am very aware of how much time is needed to do it well!

How many days does it take for you to get to the bottom of your to do list?


1 comment:

Don Oesterblad said...

Right no i get it done very quickly