Saturday, February 2, 2008

Organization I

This week, let's take a look at how to, as Solomon once wrote, "redeem the time, for the days are evil."

In my life, I like knowing what I need to do and I like having a plan to carry it out. I also do not want to waste time, mine or anyone else's. My job is different every day and my task list is extensive. I used to keep all of this on my antiquated Palm Pilot and then on my Motorola Q, but I've moved backward technologically as I've moved forward organizationally.

I've turned to Moleskines and I'm here to tell you they can change your organizational life. Take a look at the variety of Moleskines and decide which one best fits your life. My preference is the large squared style because I'm straight-line impaired. I've mentioned on this blog my use of youversion and Bible Gateway for my onscreen devotions, but when it comes to my task lists, I like good old fashioned paper. If these now-hip notebooks were good enough for Picasso and Hemingway, then they ought to be good enough for me.

Some of you are wondering why the step back? Well, I'll give you three good reasons to go to Moleskines instead of your pixeled task list: 1. Nothing beats the feel of pen and paper. 2. I like to actually physically check off my tasks. 3. Doodling might be considered art in a Moleskine. And reason 4, (at no extra cost to you): sermon notes, stage blocking, creative ideas, task lists, and budget figures all fit side by side in my 240 pages. Moleskines are great for my role as self-proclaimed Chief Strategic Officer here at Destiny Church and may be a good fit for you in your complicated world as well.

No comments: