Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The A-Team

I'm not proud of the fact that I am about to quote from the A-Team, but sometimes sayings from culture (even the more embarassing elements of our culture) communicate just too well.

So here goes, "I love it when a plan comes together." Destiny Church is beginning to ask and answer the question "How can we help?" We are asking it about our church family, our community and our world. Even before we asked this question, God began to stir the hearts of a few people who want to be a tangible part of our answering this question. Just today I got to meet with two different guys whose hearts are for the needy. As I enjoyed barbeque with one and Starbucks with the other, I was reminded about how it is only God's plan that is worth following and that God is always ahead of us in the carrying out of his plans.

I can't wait to see who else God has lined up to help us carry out his mission for our Church: Know God, Grow with Others and Serve the World.

No comments: