Thursday, September 27, 2007

Great New Online Bible Tool

I'm not sure what tools you use for your devotional life or how you read the Bible, but I've got to tell you I'm excited about how technology continues to improve my spiritual life. First of all, I get my daily Bible reading from Scripture Union (check out the link to your right) and now there is a new souped up version of the Scriptures brought to you by the guys at LifeChurch. It is called You Version.

Here are just a few things it can do that your leather-bound Bible just can't do...

Discover: Easily find a passage in one of many translations. Search by reference or use the table of contents.

Contribute: You can share what God is teaching you and you can read how He is moving in the lives of others. You can also contribute images, video, text or links. You can even email something meaningful to a friend. Can your hardback handle that?

Reflect: You can journal online about what you are reading as you are reading. Each journal is linked directly to what you are reading so you can easily reference back to those passages. I like Destiny's Blueprint Journal but I love the simplicity of this one.

Remember: You can mark references with tags that make sense to you. It works like your own personal concordance.

Surf on over to www.youversion.com and take the tour.