Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Road Food

Food is a good thing. In fact, you could argue that food is essential. But even better than food is Road Food.

Road Food, n, (slang): that out of the way restaurant that makes it worth your while to drive a few miles off of the interstate.

One of the classic road food establishments in Washington, DC is Ben's Chili Bowl. I have never been there, but I have always wanted to and this week, I'm attending a funeral nearby. So on Thursday I'm planning on making that trek. I'm planning on ordering Ben's Original Chili Half Smoke at a whopping $4.80. I'll let you know how it goes.

Now, if you do not share my infatuation with greasy spoons, I'll get back to more important blogging later. If you are, however, a Road Food person, then you already know what it is like to plan your trips around where you get to eat....