Monday, September 10, 2007

Red Letter Weekend


Every once in a while my cup overflows. This weekend it overflowed with pride. I was proud of my family and I was proud of my Church.

My two oldest kids (#548 and #532) competed in their first triathlon this weekend. It was well worth the training and the trip down to Richmond to watch them compete (and do well, I might add!) The Barbeque at Buzz and Ned's in Richmond was great too! Almost the whole family has caught the Triathlon bug and as soon as we take the training wheels off of Emily's bike, she may be bitten as well.

After a triathlon-filled Saturday, we enjoyed the beginning of Grow Green at Destiny. This new series is pressing us to grow spiritually and I am anxious to hear more. Greg was back from his sabbatical and really brought the funk on Sunday, Lathan and the band brought us to worship in a very real way. Bottom line: Sunday morning at Destiny was exciting...people responded by beginning to follow Jesus and many took the time to share their prayer requests with us. I'm proud to be a part of what God is doing in and around Destiny Church.

Stop by one Sunday at 10am, we'd love to welcome you...

No comments: