Monday, March 3, 2008

Brain Power and Pride

I've spent time writing about efficiency and organization in this blog and one of the greatest hindrances to both of those are time wasters. "Who has the Biggest Brain" on Facebook is one of those!

I'm currently addicted and I'm not even all that good at it. As of this morning, I rank just ahead of Maureen, but behind my 8th grade daughter and my brainiac niece. Honestly, I don't know if it is time wasting or my pitiful rank that bothers me most.

In Deuteronomy God warns the Israelites that "...then your heart will become proud and you will forget the LORD your God." (8:14). My third place standing keeps me way out of that "proud" category, so as of right now, I'm not in danger of forgetting the Lord. Are you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Wren family may have you beat....we have Wii Big Brain tourneys to see who has the biggest brain...after I beat Tom--AN ENGINEER...I refused to play again. Now, I can't even come within 100 points of previous score! However, good lesson learned, I now know I will never fall victim to a street scam with the ball in the cup, as I know I stink at finding it. I'll just give the man my $5 instead of playing.

Anonymous said...

....but the point is, you beat Tom.

Anonymous said...

yes, and then I threw the remote down, did a victory dance, and told the children that they must always be gracious winners...and not to act like Mommy did. See it was a teaching moment. by acting like a fool, I got to teach a valuable lesson...such a good mom!

Anonymous said...

I AM STILL BEATING YOU DADDY!!
-KT