Saturday, March 29, 2008

Going Solo?

I may be alone in this 30 days of April fast and I'm ok with that. God is talking to me and I need to respond.

I'm reminded that throughout the Scripture, God does not simply say to not do certain things. He also encourages us to do certain things. Often it is the concept of the "put off, put on".  If you go into the Hollister dressing room and simply put off and then step out to the three way mirror, security will certainly be called. But if you put off and then put on and then step out to the vanity mirrors, you will simply be looking good.
 
I want to look good. So if I go ahead with the no-dessert April (put off), I'm thinking I will also add (put on) daily aerobic exercise. (I'm not cheating but you need to know that I'm already at 4-5 days a week with running, biking or swimming...but those other two or three off days have been awfully sweet for me!)

In my world, when my exercise increases, my prayer life increases. So I am looking forward to what God has to say to me during this fourth month of the year. Do you want to join me?

1 comment:

Cindy and the Wards said...

I'm in - just let me pray about what to give up.
Right now - I'd love to fast from the word "mommy"...but I'm thinking that's probably not going to work long!!!
How long is April again?