Monday, November 12, 2007

Changing our Focus

While here at the Externally Focused Church Conference, I'm challenged by a few things. Here is some of what I'm learning:

-Life is too short and hell is too hot, to play church.
-Stop recruiting people and start inviting people.
-Changing our language is the beginning of changing our culture.
-Service to our community needs to not only be a good experience for those who are being served but for those who are doing the serving.
-Jeff Clark is a great guy to hang with. He also has the obvious gifts of faith and perspective. (Is perspective even a spiritual gift?)
-I'm liking the look of this conference's host church building. I can't wait to see Destiny's sportsplex/daycare/arts center dream come to fruition.

I really enjoyed the breakout with Don Simmons. I'm coming home with great stuff for our leaders (and for me).

No comments: