Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Learning from Others

I used to think I was really smart. In fact, I'd say I was actually pretty cocky about it. In my 20's, I had all the answers, but somewhere between then and now, I seem to have misplaced them. That is why I love looking for help.

Tomorrow, I'm heading down to Fredericksburg to hang out with Jason Mueller of Salem Fields Community Church. I'm planning on pummeling him with questions about how to reach a community. The guys at Salem Fields have a real vision for the people who live around them and they will stop at nothing to reach them. They have even "doubled" their building footprint, but instead of creating some fancy schmancy sanctuary, they created a child care center and a cafe called Rubicon. That is refreshing to see a church serve it's community as opposed to hiding off in the shadows. I'll let you know what I learn.

I'm looking forward to meeting Jason but am also hoping that the "hot" sign is on at the Fredericksburg Krispy Kreme.

No comments: