Saturday, November 10, 2007

Turkey Trot

"Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Today Clay and I tackled the Turkey Trot 5k together, and although the verse above is most often heard at weddings, I think it applies here as well. I want to make sure I'm doing as much as I can to help my kids succeed and for them to experience the truth of this verse. Today as we ran together, I, the much older guy, set the pace and brought the encouragement. Clay brought the youthful enthusiasm and together we had a great race.

The morning was topped off with french toast with friends at the White Castle. This place is a quality find hidden on 21st Street in Purcellville. Good quality eats...

No comments: