Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Breakfast Special

Every Wednesday I eat breakfast with a couple of guys. A freshman in college and a senior in high school are willing to get up early to grab a meal with an old man (me). I enjoy getting together with these guys each week, but even if they didn't show up my day would be made because the wait staff at the Leesburg Restaurant know me and always welcome me as if I was entering their home.

They don't even give us the menu anymore and when it comes time to order they tell us what we want and they are always right.

Bryton:  Scrambled, bacon, white toast and apple juice.
John:  Sunnyside up, sausage, white toast and water.
and Me:  Scrambled, bacon, wheat toast and water.

The Cheers theme song talks about a place where everybody knows your name, but the Leesburg Restaurant has upped the ante by being a place where everybody knows your order. I like having a place where I order the "usual" and it means something. 

"Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling."
I Peter 4:9



No comments: