Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Great Cover Up


This morning we awoke to a peaceful covering of snow. It was beautiful and quiet outside. The blanket of snow reminded me that beauty is only so deep. In this case it was about 2 and a half inches.

You see the big oak in my back yard had just finished dumping it's leaves last week and I had not finished the huge job of raking leaves. The snow this morning simply covered up my unfinished yard. It looked pretty on the surface but it was simply covering up an incomplete job underneath.

What do you cover up with? Happiness? Material things? Job satisfaction?

And perhaps more importantly, what job underneath remains undone? Is God working on your heart? Your compassion? Your fears?

Don't simply cover up the undone jobs, because like the blanket of snow this morning, it will eventually melt and expose whatever is underneath.


"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, 
and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24





No comments: