Thursday, June 5, 2008

Carpe Diem

I just read about a website that will send out emails for you  6 days after the rapture. That's right for only $40 you can make sure 62 of your friends hear about Jesus after  you are gone. I'm thinking  they may even include an autographed picture of Kirk Cameron as an attachment (for an additional fee).

Here are the top 5 reasons I balk at a website like this:
-Emails are growing to be an ever more impersonal form of communication. Can I twitter post-rapture?
-Two words:  spam filter.  Will my heavenly email make it through?
-62 people for $40. What about poor #63?
-I hope this does not replace the use of the often forwarded animated "Jesus walking to your town" email?!
-This service puts off the awkward, yet rewarding work of being spiritually proactive in our conversations here and now. 

Go ahead and have the personal, compassionate conversation 
with someone about Jesus today. Don't wait to send them 
an email 6 days after you are gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw the topic..I knew 'Walking Jesus" would make an appearance in this blog. As Sally Field would say...'you like him, you really like him'. :)

Think of how ticked off those 62 people would be a week AFTER the rapture. "oh by the way...I was too chicken to tell you about Jesus, I was hoping someone else would. If I would have had the nerve to tell you about Jesus, you could be here with me..but I was a wimp and never invited you to church, so you were 'left behind' excuse the pun. Anyway, I hope you get saved now, everything I would have told you if I had the guts is true. Love your not so good friend, Bob"

What an opener to the email huh?

Anonymous said...

HA! HA!