Saturday, June 7, 2008

Guess Where I Am?

Here's the playlist:

The Chicken Dance
The Electric Slide
AC-DC's "Shook Me All Night Long"
Limbo
John Mayer's "Daughters"

Here's the menu:

Fruit Salad
Chicken Tenders
Peanut Butter and Jelly Finger Sandwiches
Tiered Princess Cake

You may be thinking I'm at a lame wedding reception, but I'm not. I'm at the biggest, baddest Daddy-Daughter Dance with my almost 8 year old. It all happened last night and it was magical. We pretzeled, she stood on my feet for the slow songs, and we made princess hats and wands. We even got to pray together at the end of the night.

Here is what I learned about me and Emily. I will not make it through the daddy-daughter dance at her wedding without melting into a pile of tears. So for now, I'm simply taking a cue from John Mayer (who isn't even a dad himself):

Fathers, be good to your daughters.
Daughters will love like you do.

No comments: