Sunday, April 27, 2008

Little Big Adventure Results

That's right, take a close look at that picture. Those are actual real medals hanging from our athletic necks. Katey and I took home the bronze medal in her 13-14 year old age group. There were over 150 teams in the Little Big Adventure and we had the 24th fastest canoe time. We struggled with both the mountain bike course as well as the run course but encouraged one another all the way through. 

Our initial strategy was to sink canoes, tip over bikes and push runners down, but we decided to go the good sportsmanship route instead. It paid off and was an incredible experience together. All you DC folks might consider the Gaithersburg Little Big Adventure coming up in October. Highly recommended...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!! Good job! Way to inspire me. I may get my my butt off the couch in time for the Smarts Mill 5k this year.