Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Falling Off the Wagon

I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.   Acts 20:24

I know what is important. I know that we should all finish well. And I know that for me, at least part of the April Challenge will be ending today (truthfully, yesterday).

I set out to take 30 days and devote them to worship, exercise and to not eating dessert. As of yesterday at about 1, I have officially fallen off the wagon in that third area. I plan to keep worshipping and keep exercising but I also plan to not only enjoy the birthday cake brought to my office for me yesterday, but to also enjoy Free Cone Day today at Ben and Jerry's and 31 Cent Scoop Night tomorrow at Baskin Robbins. I hope you don't think less of me, but even if you do, I can handle it.

I'm finishing well with worship and exercise and admittedly cutting a 3-day corner on the dessert component.

Where do you cut corners?

No comments: