Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What does the Destiny logo make you want to do?

This post from Church Marketing Sucks has me wondering...

Here's some interesting research that looks at Apple's branding and its impact on viewers:

[Researchers at Duke University] found that exposing people to a brand's logo for 30 milliseconds will make them behave in ways associated with that brand.

Surveys found that people felt similarly about the two companies in every way except creativity, where Apple came out ahead, and competence, which was IBM's perceived strength. After exposing them to the brands, the researchers asked subjects to describe as many uses for a brick as they could.

Most people mentioned a door stop or a paperweight. "But the subjects who had seen Apple's logo also came up with uses like tying it around my roommate's foot and throwing him in a deep pond ... "


So Apple's brand makes you a creative psychopath. This follows Scott Magdalein's recent post,
Brands Are Bigger Than Logos. Your logo is the figurehead for your brand; when people see it, do they feel creative? Bold? Confused? Your brand is who you are; your logo is a way to reinforce your brand at a glance. (link via clusterflock)




What does the Destiny logo make you want to do?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me want to reach Higher.

Reminds me to look up towards God when I am struggling in my 'work' for I am not working for man, but for the Lord.
So say we all......

Anonymous said...

Beam me up Scotty~

Are You Destinized? said...

Both are very valid! Kind of makes me want to head on down the road...

Anonymous said...

I think it looks scary. Like a knife stabbing something in half. I would stay away from anyplace with a logo like this. Just my 30-millisecond opinion! I've never seen the logo before so I don't have anything -- good or bad -- to relate it to in my head. (A friend of mine just sent me a link to this blog... I like your blog though!)

Maureen Erickson (Mo) said...

Funny, i see it as God reaching down....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the enlightening blog Todd.